The North Central Regional Planning Commission operates a Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) that helps reduce energy costs for low-income households by increasing the energy efficiency of their homes, while ensuring their health and safety. Examples of energy efficiency improvement projects eligible for WAP funding include:
- Sealing of drafts and air leaks, caulking doors and windows, weatherstripping
- Repairing or replacing heating and cooling systems
- Repairing or replacing water heaters and insulating pipes
- Adding insulation to ceilings, walls, floors, and foundations
- Installing gable and roof vents
Applicants must meet income guidelines to qualify and the program serves both renters and homeowners. More information, including income guidelines and the program application, are on the WAP website.