This internship is offered through the FHSU/Dane G. Hansen Internship program.
The Kansas Post Rock Limestone Coalition in Lucas, Kansas, is seeking a student intern for Summer 2023. The intern will work approximately 300 total hours. The Kansas Post Rock Limestone Coalition and the student together will arrange a work schedule. The start and end dates are flexible. The student intern will work at the employer’s place of business but will be paid through Fort Hays State University.
The internship will be mainly remote, with occasional on-site work.
ABOUT KANSAS POST ROCK LIMESTONE COALITION
The Kansas Post Rock Limestone Coalition is a non-profit, 501(c)3 organization which relies on grant funding, membership fees, and donations to continue our mission of promoting, preserving, and protecting the history, art, and architecture of the Kansas Post Rock Limestone region through education and tourism. To learn more, go to www.kansaspostrocklimestone.org.
The intern will assist professionals from the Kansas Post Rock Limestone Coalition with the development and marketing of programs to educate the public about Kansas Post Rock Limestone and promote tourism in the Post Rock Region, an 18-county area in central Kansas. The intern will also assist with day-to-day administrative procedures. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate at least one tourism event related to the Kansas Post Rock Limestone
- Collect and organize information on the location of limestone structures
- Work with organizations, businesses, and individuals to increase awareness of the Kansas Post Rock Limestone Coalition
- Market Coalition programs via social media platforms
- Complete other projects assigned by mentoring supervisors
The internship may require attendance at some evening meetings.
- Experience in marketing and communications
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with individuals, groups, and through mass media and social media
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Experience working with others to accomplish individual and/or group goals
- Interest in and/or knowledge of historic preservation is a plus
- Students from northwest Kansas preferred
PREFERRED DEGREE PROGRAMS
Marketing, communication, history, geography, geology, education
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume in Handshake.
Interviews will take place on campus. (Online interviews are possible for students not living in the Hays area.)