Setter Dogs seeking a summer intern or a permanent, full-time employee
Intern/employee will help provide care to a 30-run dog kennel and quail/pigeon coops by feeding, watering, and cleaning at the Lincoln County, KS facility. He or she will maintain property for improvement of wildlife. Setter Dogs is a bird dog training facility that also provides guided hunts on wild quail, turkey, and deer, as well as providing boarding services for dog owners. Multiple dogs have earned field championships and/or certification utilizing our training program while the kennel has maintained a perfect record as a licensed/inspected facility with the KS Dept of Agriculture.
- Learn about the KS Dept of Agriculture regulations as it pertains to a dog kennels.
- Feed and water dogs daily.
- Clean and disinfect dog pens, water buckets, food bowls and dog houses.
- Exercise dogs as appropriate.
- Feed and water quail and pigeons daily that are used for dog training.
- Clean quail and pigeon facilities.
- Raise quail for in house dog training. Collect and clean eggs from the quail coop for incubation. Place the eggs in the incubator. Feed and water quail chicks when they hatch. Keep their facility clean.
- Prepare land for planting food plots by mowing, spraying, burning and disking. Broadcasting and harrowing in crop seeds.
- Removal of trees to improve habitat.
- Assist in converting some aspects of the kennel and lodge to solar energy.
- Maintenance of vehicles, machinery, tools and buildings.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Must be 16+ years old to apply. Must like dogs and working outside in all weather conditions (we are clearly within the OSHA guidelines regarding working in the heat), if you are selfless enough to be part of a team, able to effectively communicate problems faced with in the workplace to appropriate team members, self starter who will continue working when alone, a never quit attitude, able to work consistently through approximately 12 weeks with a routine schedule and like to work in an environment of high expectations.
Pay is competitive plus overtime, as well as holiday pay, and is approximately a 40-50 hour work week which may include some weekend work running May 20 – August 15. In addition employees receive a Post Rock Fitness gym membership at no cost to you as a benefit. May hire more than one person or multiple part time people.
To apply, please mail or email your resume and cover letter by May 1, 2024, to:
2976 E Milo Drive
Beverly, KS 67423
While you’re here
Check out housing options in Lincoln County: