TITLE: PARENTS AS TEACHERS – PARENT EDUCATOR for Lincoln County, Kansas
1. Complete 60 college credit hours with an emphasis in Early Childhood or a related field
2. Complete PAT Foundational and Model Implementation Training
3. Possess effective communication skills and is comfortable relating to strangers
4. Demonstrate aptitude or competence for assigned responsibilities
5. Ability to work independently with a supportive team
REPORTS TO: PAT Supervisor
JOB GOAL: To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.
1. Serve the number of families determined by program guidelines including successful completion of face-to-face home visits and group connections.
2. Complete all required documentation regarding home visits, attendance records for group meeting and other Parents as Teachers events, screening summaries, and all essential records required by the program, in a timely and comprehensive manner.
3. Administer developmental screenings. Support families in seeking appropriate resources based on the results of screenings when needed.
4. Actively recruit families to participate in the program.
5. Participate in regular, relationship-based supervision with the Parents as Teachers supervisor and engage in setting personal goals for self-development.
6. Demonstrate an appropriate level of knowledge about what promotes optimal parent- child interaction and infant, toddler, and child development.
Any other responsibilities as assigned by the Supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
Paid time off
Day shift with some evenings each month; Monday to Friday
Office located in Lincoln, KS 67455: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Driver’s License (Required); Willingness to travel within local area
Work Location: In person
Job Type: Full-Time
While you’re here
Check out housing options in Lincoln County: