The Leadership Lincoln County program is now accepting applications from individuals interested in increasing their understanding of our local assets, opportunities and challenges. The program takes participants ‘behind the scenes’ of local government, businesses and community projects and offers various points of view on issues and ideas.
Eligible Participants: Any county resident or high school student
Program Highlights: True Colors personality profile, tours to local businesses, in-depth conversations with various elected officials and directors of key organizations, tours of other communities in the region to showcase their approach to similar challenges and new ideas for success, field trip to Topeka and the state capital, implementing and completing a community project the participants see as important to the county.
Information Flyer: Leadership Flyer 2019-2020
Schedule: September through April (no meeting in December), meeting the third Thursday of each month from approx. 8am – 5pm. Specific dates are:
• September 19
• October 17
• November 21
• January 16, 2020
• February 20
• March 19 (tentative) – Trip to Topeka
• April 16 (evening only) – Graduation
• Attend all sessions and be on time.
• Dress respectively to meet business and community leaders. All tours will require some walking so wear comfortable shoes.
• Check email regularly for session agendas and schedules and communicate back in a timely manner.
• Actively participate in a leadership team project.
• $100 for individuals – May be covered through a sponsorship from your employer. Tuition covers all transportation, food and program costs. Due after an individual is accepted into the program and before the first class. (Contact the LCEDF for possible scholarship funding.)
• $50 for students – The school district assisting with transportation will have tuition waived for their students.
• Application 2019-2020 (Word)
• Application 2019-2020 (PDF)
Deadline for Applications: August 15, 2019
Please submit completed applications by drop off, mail or email to:
Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation
216 E. Lincoln Avenue, Lincoln, KS (basement of the courthouse)