Under the supervision of the Lincoln County Board of Commissioners, the Human Resource Officer is a non-exempt position under FLSA. This employee handles various job responsibilities including processing payroll, maintaining personnel records, recruiting new employees, assisting department heads with employment issues. This employee must possess excellent organizational, written and oral communication, as well as public relation skills. This position must handle numerous duties simultaneously, and have the ability to handle confidential information without compromise.
● Maintains education and monitor requirements regarding employees, municipalities, state and federal agencies to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws;
● Prepares and maintains accurate payroll accounts; including time clock system, personnel time records, deductions / garnishments, direct deposits, and withholdings as required;
● Completes payroll projections for department heads;
● Prepares salary and personnel surveys as required by various government agencies;
● Maintains all personnel records, including employee list by hourly/annual rate, and job title; licenses, credentials, certifications and training;
● Prepares and Maintains employee benefit projections as required;
● Acts as contact for health insurance, K.P.E.R.S., AFLAC and all other supplemental and deferred compensation plans, etc.;
● Assists department heads and employees with employment issues and conflict resolution, including application collection, interviews, disciplinary action, evaluations and exit interviews;
● Maintains Drug and Alcohol Testing and EAP program for DOT, Non-DOT and FTA pools;
● Executes department heads requests for recruitment, advertising, pre-employment screening, background checks, interviewing, initial paperwork processes etc.; and Maintain uniform guidelines for hiring and ensure they are followed by all the departments.
● Schedules employment orientation and benefit enrollment; Process and enter all new hire enrollments to benefits, as well as any and all changes for current employees.
● Maintains current job descriptions for all county positions and updates annually;
● Maintains current and accurate account of employees leave time;
● Conducts exit interviews and provides the necessary information to terminated employees regarding COBRA, KPERS, leave benefits, etc;
● Files employee workers’ compensation claims and unemployment responses;
● Coordinates training & educational sessions for county employees.
● Reports to the Board of County Commissioners with updated information or correspondence
● Develops and implements succession planning for key county positions;
● Maintain the County Employee Handbook, employee evaluation documentation and development of employment policies; Understand all the personnel policies and provides interpretations as necessary. As needed, prepares policies for final approval by the BOCC.
● Prepare and submit the Human Resource Budget
● Participates in training and educational sessions as needed;
● Provides information to the County Auditor as requested;
● Answers incoming telephone inquiries in a professional and pleasant manner;
● May engage in general clerical duties for any department needing assistance;
● Performs other duties as deemed necessary or assigned;
While you’re here
Check out housing options in Lincoln County: