September 11, 2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Connie Achterberg Wildlife-Friendly Demonstration Farm
Northwest corner of Iron and 170th Lincoln
Sunday, September 11
Audubon of Kansas and Pheasants Forever/Quail Forever’s “Women on the Wing” are collaborating to offer a hands-on habitat management and hike at the Connie Achterberg Wildlife-Friendly Demonstration Farm. Here is the schedule:
- 9-noon: Clear invasive elm from grassland buffer strips; clear nature trail
- Noon: Lunch (provided by AOK)
- 12:30: Presentation by Pheasants Forever/Quail Forever and AOK about Connie Achterberg and Quail Management during lunch
- 1pm: Hike to see quail management areas
- 2:30-5pm: Continue clearing invasive elm from grassland buffer strips and working on the nature trail.
The sanctuary is at the northwest corner of Iron and 170th – look for the Audubon of Kansas signs with a prairie chicken on them.
Be prepared to spend the day outside. If you have any of the following, bring them, but additional gear will be available: work gloves, sun protection, bug spray, loppers, chain saw, post hole digger, etc.