The Evangelical Lutheran School is located on the east edge of Sylvan Grove, directly north of the Bethlehem Lutheran Church. The two-and-a-half-story building reflects the Prairie School style of architecture and is constructed of native limestone, a common material in this area during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The school is associated with the early German Lutheran immigrants who settled in this area. The 1913 school, designed by Salina architect C.A. Smith, replaced an earlier building at the same location. The parochial school operated every year except one between 1913 and 1981.
Address: 308 N. Indiana St, Sylvan Grove, KS 67481
Listed in the Register of Historic Kansas Places: 10-02-2015
Architecture Classification: Late 19th and 20th Century American Movements: Prairie School