Development Opportunity Profile for Lincoln County
The Center for Rural Entrepreneurship provided the Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation an assessment of our local economic data and demographics and also identified potential opportunities for growth as part of our recent selection as an E-Community by Network Kansas. The profile was completed in March, 2017.
US Census Bureau’s QuickFacts
QuickFacts tables are summary profiles showing frequently requested data and demographics items from various Census Bureau programs. Profiles are available for the nation, states, counties, and places.
- Lincoln County QuickFacts: http://census.gov/quickfacts/table/PST045216/20105,00
Kansas County Profile Reports
The University of Kansas’s Institute for Policy & Social Research produces annual summary reports containing population, socioeconomic, and employment data and demographics for each Kansas county. It contains historical data on twelve major categories including: population, vital statistics and health, housing, education, social environment, business, employment, income, banking, government, crime, and agriculture.
- Lincoln County Profile (updated December, 2017): http://www.ipsr.ku.edu/ksdata/kcced/profiles/pdf/20105.pdf
- Data for Lincoln County: http://ipsr.ku.edu/ksdata/county.php?cntyfips=20105
- Search for data by city name or school district: http://ipsr.ku.edu/ksdata/
Kansas Statistical Abstract
An annual report comparing data on a state-wide level and between counties. Data comparisons include: population, vital statistics and health, housing, education, business and manufacturing, exports, employment, income, finance, state and local government, crime, recreation, communications, transportation, agriculture, climate, and energy and natural resources.
- Kansas Statistical Abstract: http://www.ipsr.ku.edu/ksdata/ksah/
Highway Traffic Counts
The Kansas Department of Transportation provides annual traffic counts for the state’s highway system.
- Kansas Traffic Count Map: http://www.ksdot.org/burtransplan/maps/MapsTrafficDist.asp
Reports are based on thousands of data variables ranging from demographics and census to consumer spending and employment data as well as traffic counts. Please note: the reports below are for Lincoln County as a whole. Reports for specific communities may be generated by contacting the LCEDF office.
Importance of the Health Care Sector to the Economy of Lincoln County
A report that presents estimates of the economic contribution and the economic potential of the health care sector on the local economy. Kansas Rural Health Works created a report for each Kansas county. Funding for these reports was provided by the Kansas Hospital Association.
- Lincoln County Health Care Impact Report October 2017 (also available at https://www.kha-net.org/CriticalIssues/EconomicImpact/countyeconomicimpacts/).
Institute of Health Metrics and Evaluation
The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) at the University of Washington analyzed the performance of all 3,143 US counties or county-equivalents in terms of alcohol use, life expectancy at birth, smoking prevalence, obesity, physical activity, and poverty using novel small area estimation techniques and the most up-to-date county-level information.
- Lincoln County Report (updated 2012): http://www.healthdata.org/us-county-profiles
- US Health Map (updated 2012): http://www.healthdata.org/data-visualization/us-health-ma