The Denmark Evangelical Lutheran Church was built from greenhorn fencepost limestone quarried by hand in 1878. Sunday services are still held here.
The bell tower and south entry were added in 1901. The Lutheran cross, carved of native limestone, first stood on the roof over the doorway. In 1901 when the tower and entry were added, the heavy cross was removed. It now stands to the east of the church on a memorial to the early pioneers who built the church.
The Denmark Hall, adjacent to the west, was built in 1911, and was recently updated with new siding and a new sign.
Address: 1204 E Pike Drive, Lincoln, KS 67455
(Denmark, KS – seven miles west of Lincoln on Highway 18 and three miles north on 120th Rd)
Listed in the Register of Historic Kansas Places: 09-12-1991
Architecture Classification: Late Victorian: Gothic
Connect with the Denmark Lutheran Church on Facebook or follow along with the Get Denmark, KS Facebook page to see more about Denmark!