The Cummins Block is individually listed in the National Register of Historic Places. It is an excellent example of a two-story commercial building of native limestone with dominant round-arched window openings and a bracketed stone cornice.
Address: 161 E. Lincoln Ave, Lincoln
Listed in the National Register of Historic Places: 03-24-2000
Architecture Classification: Late Victorian: Italianate
The Cummins Block Building houses two museums currently open by appointment. The Post Rock Scout Museum was opened in 2004 by Lincoln resident Kathie Crispin, a life-long Girl Scout and leader, with her own collection of scouting memorabilia. Dedicated to the preservation of historical artifacts of various scouting organizations, the museum features exhibits devoted to Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, Pioneer Girls, Campfire Girls and other similar youth organizations. Among the displays are Girl Scout uniforms dating as far back as 1918.
Crispin’s Drug Store Museum was opened in 2007 by Jack Crispin, a long-time pharmacist who owned and operated Crispin Pharmacy in Lincoln for many years. The museum, which is brimming with Crispin’s vast pharmacy artifacts collection, recreates the drugstore atmosphere at the turn of the 20th Century when pharmacists were transitioning from preparing ingredients and products from seeds, barks and roots to buying prepared ingredients and products. Jack’s description of the displays and vast knowledge of the history of pharmaceuticals makes a visit to the museum a must.