Part-time Children’s Librarian/Library Assistant appx. 30 hours/week
Plans and implements weekly storytimes, the Summer Library Program and other children’s activities. Responsible for purchasing and processing children’s books and materials. Assists the Library Director with running the front desk, interlibrary loan, bookkeeping and other library-related tasks. The position will remain open until filled.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must enjoy working with children and teens.
- Prior data entry or clerical experience
- Basic knowledge of computers and their use
- Ability to work with and serve a variety of people
- Must be able to alphabetize and sort materials
- Responsible and can work independently
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Highly Qualified Applicants will exhibit:
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Quick-books or other book-keeping experience
- Ability to process information quickly and efficiently
- Interest in social media, marketing and library programming
Pick up a full job description and apply in person at Lincoln Carnegie Library 203 South Third Street, Lincoln, Kansas. The position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
While you’re here
Check out housing options in Lincoln County: