Coming to Ellsworth & Lincoln Counties + Lucas May 2-5, 2024
The Big Kansas Road Trip (BKRT) is coming to Ellsworth and Lincoln counties plus the community of Lucas next year, bringing all sorts of visitors and explorers to the area! The BKRT is a multi-day ‘open house’ type event highlighting unique points of interest, museums, attractions, shops, and restaurants. The BKRT is organized by the Kansas Sampler Foundation (KSF) and 2024 will be its sixth year. The Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation (LCEDF) and the Lincoln Area Chamber of Commerce will be assisting the KSF with local coordination of activities. Click the button below to find out about the 2023 event that just wrapped up.
To get ready, we will need:
- At least two people from every community to volunteer as communty champions for local businesses, and help with distribution of information to each community in Lincoln County.
- All businesses, museums, and attractions to take a fresh look at themselves and consider small spruce-up projects that can be completed before May, 2024. Maybe the Placemaking Grant Program can help!
- Take lots of photos of your business/attraction. While the grass is green, the skies are blue, and people are visiting and shopping, we will need high-quality images for marketing the BKRT. Ask the LCEDF for assistance if you need help with photography.
- Claim your Google Business listing, and make sure it’s up to date – hours, details, photos, etc. Make sure your listings on any other websites (such as Yelp and TripAdvisor) are also looking their best!
- Stay tuned for more announcements as it gets closer to the 2024 BKRT! Reach out to Kelly or Kris at LCEDF if you have any questions, or you’d like assistance with this process.