First printed in the Lincoln Sentinel in November, 2015
Over the past year, a small group of amazing and wonderful and I-can’t-sing-their-praises-enough volunteers have spent countless hours creating a new countywide website. And after all the hard work, the switch has been flipped and www.LiveLincolnCounty.com is finally here! Life just got a little easier for anyone and everyone looking for community and business information. The site has an events calendar, job listings, housing information, a business directory, and much more.
The need for this website has been discussed in countless numbers of conversations over the past year but now my question is this… will you use it? A website is only good if it is used.
The volunteers have done as much as they can do so now we need your help. We need your help making this website go from good to great. Here is what we need you to do:
1) Go to www.LiveLincolnCounty.com, click around, and check out the different sections. There’s a lot of information so take a couple moments to see how it could be helpful to you and anyone you know.
2) ADD information to it. Do you have a community event coming up? Add it. Does your business have a job opening? Add it. Do you have a house or business for sale? Add it.
3) If you’re a business owner, check the business directory. Please. I’m begging you on this one. This is very important. I know there are probably a few businesses missing and I know there are errors in other listings. The problem for me is that there are already 272 listings and it’s impossible for me to track every single detail of every single business. So please (notice, I am still begging) make sure your business is listed and it’s listed correctly both by category and alphabetically.
4) If your business is missing in the directory or it does have an error, call me so I can correct it. Please don’t get mad and complain about it and curse me at coffee tomorrow morning. That won’t fix the error. Just call me! I’m quite friendly and I promise I will profusely apologize for the error because it was not intentional.
5) Tell people about the website. Share it on Facebook. Tweet about it. Pin it. Blog it. Instagram it. Snapchat it. Or share it however the cool kids are sharing things these days. (I’m not actually cool enough to know.)
6) Tell me what you think. Do you like how it works? Do you think something is a little odd and you have a suggestion for how to fix it? Does some particular information seem too hard to find? Is something not working? I genuinely want your feedback. This wonderful group of volunteers have put too many hours into creating this website to have it not work the way the community needs it to work.
7) If you see one of the following people, please say ‘Thank You!’ for all the hard work they have put into this website. It didn’t happen because of me, it happened because of them. So here is a huge shout out to: Kris Heinze, Becky Rathbun, Craig Stertz, Mary Ann Stertz, Barb Rathbun, John Baetz, Nancy Walter, Gwen Knight, Brenda Peterson, Kathie Crispin, and Marilyn Helmer. Thank you for giving your time and your talent for the betterment of our county.
If you have any questions about the website or see ways to improve it, please let me know. You can do that by stopping by the LCEDF office in the county courthouse basement at 216 E. Lincoln Avenue in Lincoln, giving me a call at 785-524-8954, or emailing me at [email protected].
Lincoln County Economic Development Foundation